Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer Reflection

As I reflect on this summer, I can't help but think of that familiar adage "time flies when you're having fun."  This summer has been one for the record books. We visited, celebrated and enjoyed the sights and sounds of summer. It was nothing short of amazing.

I was reminded that I need to take time throughout the year, to just be. To be present, to take time to enjoy the many blessings in my life, and to slow down. One of the things I enjoy most about the summer is the unhurried pace, and the increased freedom in following whims. These are the life lessons that I am bringing with me back to the classroom this September.

Franciscan University, Steubenville OH

Riding the "Big Wheel" at Darien Lake, NY

Sunset at Balsam Lake Provincial Park, Ontario

Fenway

Great Wolf Lodge New England

Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto 

Beach day, Long Island

Fire Island, NY

Friendship, Skaneateles Lake

Keuka Lake, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment