Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pride and Prejudice - Lessons for Leadership





I love the novel Pride and Prejudice, and I love the 2005 movie adaptation of it equally which rarely happens for me. So you can imagine my excitement, when our unexpected snow day yielded the opportunity to watch it on HBO. I felt a little bit guilty at first because there were plenty of other things that I could be doing, but I just couldn't pull myself away. As I sat there watching, I also couldn't help but make some connections between the movie, teaching, learning and leading.

1) Perception may not be reality. First impressions can, and often are, misleading.
2) Try to view things from multiple perspectives. 
3) Take the time to get to know others, and to build relationships. 
4) Humility.
5) Open communication.
6) Learn from the challenges that come your way.


1 comment:

  1. I love the insight in your posts. Thanks so much for your share.

    ReplyDelete