Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reflections on Leadership

Reflections on Leadership...

This past weekend I was working on an application and I was asked to describe my contributions to my school community, my profession and in short how I have demonstrated leadership in each. It was a challenging task. I was extremely uncomfortable writing about myself as a leader. I expressed to a friend that I felt rather unworthy of being considered a "Teacher Leader".  And then over the next few days the most incredible things happened. I received emails from colleagues thanking me for helping or encouraging them, a friend and former colleague sent me the most encouraging note in the mail, and then an educator I follow on Twitter shared the TEDxToronto Talk by Drew Dudley, Leading with Lollipops, and my mind was blown. Drew's introduction summarized perfectly what I had been feeling. His talk actually challenged me to redefine leadership and to think of it in a more global context. So right now I want to thank each of you who recently helped me to recognize the moments when I have indeed taken on the role of leader. And now it is time for me to pay it forward.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you Marlene, Donna and Priscilla for these...





_______________________________________________________________________________


#mindblown #thankyoudrew

No comments:

Post a Comment