Saturday, June 20, 2015

Inspiration



Where does your inspiration come from?

Occasionally people ask me why I do what I do. Or rather, given the present climate in public education, why I continue to do what I do? There are a number of reasons, and here are a sampling in no particular order:


  1. I have two children of my own. I want the best for them. That includes having access to amazing public schools and educators that will inspire them, challenge them and empower them. My two children strengthen my resolve, and determination for fighting for a system of education that honors, and respects the whole child. Our children need passionate, dedicated and innovative teachers in their classrooms. They may need us now, more than ever.
  2. I believe that I can make a difference. I believe that I can positively impact the lives of children and families.
  3. This is my vocation. Not just on the days when the days are easy and the load is light, but on those difficult and trying days as well.
  4. I'm inspired by my students. Their curiosity, their wonder, their creativity, their struggles and their triumphs.
  5. My PLN. Colleagues in my district, neighboring districts, across the country and around the world that challenge me and empower me daily.


So who, and what inspires you?

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me and all the kiddos I spoke to at Nate Perry Elementary school each in the very own hand made Not Perfect Hat

    ReplyDelete