Monday, June 15, 2015

Worthwhile

Love my work!
The role of an educator is multidimensional.  It requires a deep understanding of pedagogy and a thorough content knowledge. An understanding of human development and what motivates learners is essential. It requires patience and humility. This work is not for the faint of heart. 

I think maybe it was the Peace Corps that had the tag line, "the toughest job you'll ever love." I never worked in the Peace Corps, but there are days that I believe that tag line perfectly defines teaching. The week that just passed was one of those weeks. It seemed like a hundred different things, and a number of students were vying for, and demanding my attention. No two ways about it, it was a tough week. I know that I handled some parts of it better than others. In spite of the difficulties, the frustrations, and the tears that came easily, I love my life's work. It isn't easy, but it is worthwhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment